Our Organic, Gluten Free, Allergy Friendly Sausages
When we first moved to the farm our family was struggling with serious health issues related to the food that we were eating. We were looking for clean, healthy, organic and allergy friendly meats and sausage that we would be able to eat and at that time could not find any in the market place. We started to grow our own meats and make sausage from the meat for our own family. We quickly discovered that there were many other families like ours who were searching for a source of clean meats and sausages. We started selling at local farmers markets and as demand increased, started adding new flavours. We continue to add a new flavour every couple years.
Our sausages are made in small batches by our master butcher in our own on farm sausage making and meat cutting facility. All of our recipes were developed by us. We do not use any pre-packaged spice mixes for our sausages. Instead we purchase all of the spices individually and then measure and mix all of the recipes by hand. The meat is cut by our staff and then ground, the spices are added to the ground meat and they are then mixed together. Once mixed the casings are filled and the sausages are frozen and packaged. We make new batches of sausages every week.
Our sausages are free of fillers, preservatives, cultured celery or plant extracts, gluten, msg, dairy and nuts. They are only made up of our meat, organic spices and when needed for a bit of sweetness organic honey and maple syrup. Although the recipes are simple they are extremely flavourful and delicious.
All the meat that our sausages are made from is raised by us and processed on our farm. It is certified Organic and is Certified Humane through the BC SPCA farm animal welfare program. Our sausages are made in Alberta from our Alberta raised chicken, pork or beef and are only sold in Alberta.
We have been making and selling sausages since approx. 1998 and are committed to raising and selling an organic, local, allergy friendly sausage so that our family and our customers can know that they are eating a clean, healthy product.
Ron and Sheila Hamilton
Our Chicken Sausage Flavours Are:
- Honey Breakfast Sausage - Made with real honey. Your classic breakfast sausage. 6 breakfast sized links per package.
- Cranberry Sausage - Made with organic cranberries, nutmeg and cloves. This sausage is perfect for the holidays or anytime. 6 breakfast size links per package.
- Chorizo Sausage- Spicy but not overpowering. 4 dinner size links per package.
- Mettwurst Sausage – Notes of pepper, nutmeg, allspice, coriander and a touch of whole mustard seed. This sausage is also made with our ground turkey meat. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Garlic & Rosemary Sausage – One of our top sellers. Bold flavours of garlic and rosemary. This sausage is also made with our ground turkey meat. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Onion & Herb Sausage – Onion, rosemary and garlic flavoured. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Italian Sausage– A medium heat sausage made with real crushed tomatoes. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Chicken Moroccan – Marjoram, cumin, coriander, and oregano stand out in this sausage flavour. Medium heat. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Chicken Ginger Sunrise– One of our newest sausages with notes of paprika, ginger, and nutmeg . Mild heat. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Moroccan Sausage – Our only beef sausage. It has wonderful flavours of coriander, cumin, marjoram, and oregano. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Maple Breakfast Sausage- A classic breakfast sausage with hints of maple. 6 breakfast sized links per package.
- Pork Italian Sausage – A different flavour than our chicken Italian. This medium hot Italian is made with real crushed tomatoes. Garlic, oregano and chili stand out in this one. 4 dinner sized links per package.
- Sunworks Pork Sausage- Our newest sausage, fennel and chili flavours stand out in this one. 4 dinner sized links per package
- Bratwurst Sausage- Recently revamped with an updated recipe. Similar to a traditional bratwurst with pepper, cardamom and ginger. 4 dinner sized links per package.
We also have over 20 deli products that are made with the same care as our sausages and are all naturally smoked. These include hams, bacon, pepperoni, kubasa and hot dogs.
All of our sausages are available at our own locations in Edmonton and Calgary:
Year Round at:
Old Strathcona Farmers Market every Saturday 8am to 3pm– A great place to pickup your local groceries right from the producers themselves. (measures have been put in place to encourage physical distancing at the market to ensure you can shop for your food in the safest atmosphere possible)
Avenida Food Hall and Fresh Market in Calgary Thursday to Saturday 11am to 8pm and Sunday 11am to 5pm. Our own location in Calgary it carries the majority of our products.
Our Meat Shop On Whyte Ave Open Sunday to Friday 9am to 9pm and Saturday 8am to 9pm. A store within a store our location is located within Blush Lane Natural Food Store and carries a full selection of our products.
You can also order online www.sunworksfarm.com and pickup at one of our locations.
In the summer we are also at:
The Southwest Edmonton Farmers Market located in the Terwillegar Rec Centre parking lot. Open every Wednesday, 4pm to 7:30pm, May 13 to Thanksgiving
The St. Albert Farmers Market open every Saturday, 10am to 3pm, June 6th to Thanksgiving.
- Sunworks Farm